RAHS is pleased to announce a great partnership between RAHS health centers and University of Michigan Ypsilanti Pediatric and Family Medicine Health Centers.
Dr. Maggie Riley, RAHS co-Medical Director and UMHS Ypsilanti Health Center Medical Director Dr. Caroline Richardson are working together to ensure that adolescents receive the best care possible. Care is being coordinated between RAHS clinics and Ypsilanti Pediatrics and Family Medicine to help mutual patients receive necessary preventative health care including physicals, immunizations, and wellness screenings, in addition to having the best management possible for chronic illness, particularly asthma and obesity.
Youth and adolescents are encouraged to visit their primary care provider regularly, and RAHS can help fill in the gaps of care, having access to youth and adolescents during the school day. All mutual patients have been notified of this partnership, and these shared patients have already benefited from this coordination in care including:
- Asthma monitoring at RAHS including asthma education reinforcement, spirometry testing, and follow-up care in between PCP visits;
- Vaccine administration at RAHS to ensure vaccines are up-to-date;
- Nutrition and physical activity counseling by RAHS registered dieticians;
- Mental health therapy by RAHS counselors; and
- Assisting families with insurance enrollment, vision and dental care assistance, and other community resource needs.
RAHS and Ypsilanti Health Center staff are excited to be able to provide accessible comprehensive care to their clients in the community in this innovative way.